BBC Sport | Football | World Edition

Tuesday, 6 December 2011

A good example

After posting yesterday, I received an email asking for an example of how dutching might be a better, more profitable, safer option than LTD. Now, I must stress that I too am still questioning whether or not this is true but I'm dedicating the bank, study time and the entire month of December to finding out.
Last night's game between Fulham and Liverpool is a very good example. 0-0 had been covered, the game looked like it would stay that way or a marginal Liverpool win as suggested, until Spearing was sent off. At this point it was possible to lay 0-0 and back 1-0, which I did. Leaving a red on 0-0 and scratch on the 1-0. So, no loss. More importantly though, any loss would've been minimal. Had I laid the draw in this game, (only a mad man would), it would've been a red book at 70 minutes and for more than my original stake. Instead I came out losing nothing and, had the game gone the right way, I would've had close to 100% roi. You rarely get that with LTD.

Tonight's pick is Chelsea v Valencia. Currently neck and neck, Chelsea need to take Home advantage and push away from Valencia. 1-0, 1-1, 2-0, 2-1.

Whatever you trade, stay green.

3 comments:

  1. Agree Lambretta, I did this game last night and had the same scores covered as you, I greened out at 70 minutes (very fortunate)but as you say liabilities are not anywhere near as much as they are if LTD was the trade .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post as always lamb, in deciding your dutched scores and without giving away too many trade secrets, any chance you could outline the main criteria used to select the scores included in your dutch?
    Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lamb, thanks for an interesting blog. Can you share how you changed your positions in-play in the Chelsea game?

    ReplyDelete