BBC Sport | Football | World Edition

Wednesday, 11 January 2012

Why is it stupid things seem so clever while you're doing them?

I'm ahead of the game for the month on the nags. Last week finished under what it should've done but higher than it needs to be. This week is similar. Started off going well ahead on Monday, began well yesterday but, in spite of all my mantras, Post It note reminders, electronic alarms and the like, I still managed to enter the stupidest of trades.
My golden rule is "Never trade after the bell" (an alarm that I set to go off at a particular point). I didn't ignore the bell, I ignored the rule and entered a long way after the bell sounded, and I can remember my bravado resting his hand on my shoulder and telling me it was safe to enter... Somehow I managed to make a profit on the day.
I consider myself thorough, almost meticulous, very prepared, mentally strong and ready to accept and expect anything. Sometimes though, I'm just a twat.

Decent night on the football. Someone messaged me on Twitter asking what I thought of the Palace v Cardiff game. Hadn't really looked at it but, after studying, a suggested dutch of 0-0, 1-0, 0-1 and 1-1, returned a nice green. Bit disappointed more wasn't made of the Sheff v Yeovil game, as the scores were an obvious dutch but you can't find them all.
Tonight's games are half decent. Birmingham v Ipswich looks standard fodder at first glance. 1-0, 1-1, 2-0, 2-1, 3-0 there.
Spurs look just a shade short to me. Everton are far from poor away and the four away defeats they've had have come from Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City and Newcastle. The draw price reflects this, making it attractive but I'll stick with scores, the same as above, and be ready to cover if Everton look like holding them.
With the list of absentees at City containing the names of Balotelli, Silva and Dzeko, that games a watcher for me.

Whatever you trade, stay green.

No comments:

Post a Comment