BBC Sport | Football | World Edition

Thursday, 16 February 2012

You can refuse an opportunity but never ignore one.

Had you asked me a week ago how I would feel going back into the corporate world, hives would've appeared on my skin and a violent fit may have taken over me. But, late last week I got a call from an old recruiter friend who had received a request to invite me to discuss a new opportunity.
Returning to a corporate role means working long hours, not having anywhere near the same amount of free time, not time for fitness, no time for family apart from weekends, no time for watching sport and absolutely no time for trading sport. So, why would I use up valuable time, travelling to the Big Smoke to discuss the possibility of the above? Simple. Until you know what the opportunity is, how can you make an informed decision about whether or not that opportunity is a good one.
Interesting as they might be, it's unlikely they would be asking me to write my memoirs, but how would I know that without investigating?
And, so it is with trading. We may choose not to take an opportunity but we do so based on our knowledge of the sport, teams/animals involved and what statistics tell us. Opportunities always look bigger coming than going, but better to let it slide by than never no what it was.
Am I about to dust off my suits and polish my shoes? Right now, I genuinely don't know. It's a good opportunity that's worthy of much deliberation...

Only one game of interest for me tonight. Ajax v Man U. Two of us are going to OT for the return leg next week, so I'm hoping for an Ajax win to make a real game of it in Manchester but I expect Man U to take at least a point, and the 1-2 looks value (10's) to trade in-play.

Whatever you trade, stay green.

No comments:

Post a Comment