BBC Sport | Football | World Edition

Wednesday, 7 March 2012

If you always do what you've always done...

...you'll always get what you've always got.

I like this old adage. It's one of those that keeps me motivated to seek the new and to overcome obstacles.
It might be, and I emphasize might, that I may have overcome another hurdle.
Recently I joined another pre race horse trading service. A service that seemed to offer something a little different and a little more involved than the myriad others available. Essentially, the service provider acts as a mentor. Regular interaction with critical and constructive feedback, I have sent a video which my mentor has then watched, pin pointed my weaknesses and given numerous pointers to avoid the same pit falls, I shall do the same again later this week. Now, had you asked me yesterday morning how much this new service had given me, I may have said relatively little, I've only been using it for a week but, yesterday afternoon, I set up my desk to have a Geek's Toy pre race set up on one PC and an in-running Geek's set up on the other, flicking to the latter at the official off time. It was a good day. Confident and comfortable, I really enjoyed my in-running trading, which was evident in the Camtasia video I watched at the end of each day, an exercise I do to eradicate silly errors.
Camtasia is not installed on the machine that had the pre race set up so, whilst I was sure the pre race trading had gone fairly well, I didn't really know how well, until I looked at the afternoon's P&L on that account.
Of 17 races, 14 were traded to a profit and the day ended only £0.24p short of my 3% of bank target. I am excited for today's card...

Yesterday's footy was decent. I posted West Ham for some strange reason but meant Reading, which went as expected. I was scalping 0-0 on that and Southampton to cover, but the Saints went ahead on 74 minutes. A nice green on both. The Benfica dutch was set & go and returned a very nice green.
The only downside on the night was a HT 0-0 lay at Birmingham, which didn't come off. A second half lay of 0-0 got back that red.
Not keen on either of the CL games or the FA Cup replay. I shall be LTD at West Ham today.

I'd like to thank everyone who has supported the Betfair Trading Charity Raffle so far, not just for donations but also for including on blog posts, retweets and Facebook etc. All details are here. You could win some fantastic trading related prizes.

Whatever you trade, stay green.

No comments:

Post a Comment