BBC Sport | Football | World Edition

Saturday, 10 March 2012

In like a lion, out like a lamb.

March always holds such promise. The festival is and always has been fantastic, though I don't go anymore. Like Royal Ascot and Epsom, Cheltenham used to be great occasion to attend but the drunken hoards, whose racing knowledge and appreciation could sit comfortably on the head of a pin, have put paid to that. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for attracting new blood into the sport, but the once a year beer monsters don't do the sport of kings any credit.

I'm full of anticipation for next week. Not least as it will be my first Cheltenham as a full time nag trader.

Thanks to Peter Webb's newsletter, I'm a little bit wiser as to what to expect from the markets and his description suggests, for a pre race rookie like me, I'm better off sticking with in-running.


The volume in next week's markets should mean I can comfortably increase stakes and I want to make sure I've got a good size bank to do so. This week's markets have been understandably thin, but the bank has built up nicely and today's focus will be on adding to that through the nag cards. Particularly as today's footy card is full of potential pit falls.


Bolton v QPR - Both entirely unpredictable but likely to have decent in-play opps.

Villa v Fulham - Urrr...No.

Chelsea v Stoke - With RDM at the helm, normal service should be resumed. 2-0, 2-1, 3-0 to start with.

Sunderland v Liverpool - Sunderland will be buoyed by their Cup win against Arsenal but I can't see 'pool losing. 1-0, 1-1, 0-2, 2-2.

Wolves v Backburn - No.

Everton v Spurs - I like this one. Should be a good game. Everton are putting together a nice little run and will want to continue. Spurs should have a near full squad. There have been a couple of 0-0's but I like Over 2.5 in this. Plus there should be some great in-play opps.


Don't forget the charity trading raffle - Bag a massive bundle of trading goodies right here
Please, please make sure you leave your name or Twitter username. Thanks.



Whatever you trade, stay green.

2 comments:

  1. Hi there,

    Would you mind exchanging links. I did ask via a comment on one of your earlier posts back in February but you must have missed it.

    My site url is http://swearbox.wordpress.com

    Many thanks,

    Swearbox

    ReplyDelete