BBC Sport | Football | World Edition

Wednesday, 11 April 2012

Flat out

Funny where life takes you. Expecting a quiet, chocolate fuelled weekend, I found myself enjoying quail's eggs and "Fizz" on the lawn with Godfrey and Lady Judy, whilst the kids hunted eggs "in the grounds". Very nice it was too.

I downed tools last Thursday night and, despite the jam packed football card and plethora of racing, I didn't pick them up again until yesterday, which went well. I'm really happy we are now entering the flat season proper. Being much longer, the sticks races can and do hold more opportunities but I like the speed and force of action on the flat. Plus, with evening racing, there are more meetings.
Liverpool looked big last night but I wasn't confident enough to trade MO, so I plumped for 1-2, which came a bit soon but the red card ensured the price plummeted and 48% green should not be sniffed at.
Will look at tonight's card this morning and update later. I'll also have a trawl through the Grand National line up. You have to have a bet in the National, it's the law.

Stay green.

No comments:

Post a Comment