BBC Sport | Football | World Edition

Friday, 8 June 2012

Let the fun begin

I'm in a really good mood today, for a couple of reasons. As you know, tonight sees the beginning of Euro2012. The bi-annual abyss, between the World Cup and Euro, is always miserable from a sporting perspective so, when either tournament is on, like most, I get very excited.
Weirdly, I'm actually more excited about being excited. After ending trading as a profession, I had a real fear my passion for football my have waned and that I may wish to give it a wide berth for a while. 
Rarely has my trading software been opened these last few weeks and my initial thought was I hadn't missed trading at all. But when I woke this morning, there were pangs of the same kind of excitement I used to feel when I first began trading. Lying in bed, trawling through the markets on iBetMate, (brilliant app), and looking for the value trade. There's no inkling to return to full time, I'm just really pleased that I can still enjoy trading and football as pass times. 

Unsurprisingly, England have drifted. This, despite the two friendly wins. Very pleased I managed to get all my backs out for scratch. 
Though I backed Holland in the World Cup, they don't look like winners to me and I'll be laying them should they qualify from the group. 
I don't expect them to win but Italy look big at 18's. I'll be taking that and looking to get around 10's after they qualify. 
At time of writing I am going through the markets and have come across Rock Bottom, the team that will finish bottom of each individual group. Let me state, I have just called Betfair to confirm this as I can't believe the prices, Ukraine are currently 2.98 to finish bottom and Sweden are 2.74. Dutching the two has to be free money IMO, I'm on at the prices stated. 

If I can I'll put up my trades each day throughout the competition.

Tonight I'm backing Poland with cover on 1-1.

Whatever you trade, stay green. 

1 comment: